Friday, October 22, 2004

New blog search engine: Blabble

From: internetretailer.com

Blabble incorporates natural language processing that parses blog listings returned in a search into parts of speech so as to extract from them words, phrases and constructions that indicate opinion. “50,000 people may write about a topic, but you don’t have time to read 50,000 listings,” says Rice. “And I probably don’t care about one individual opinion; it’s the aggregate that I care about."

Not sure about that. I care about what those 50,000 people think are the best listing for a given topic. And I will only read those listings. I don't care what John Smith has to say about Google, but I certainly read Battelle's blog everyday.

By the way, Blabble is still in pre beta. www.blabble.com

Full Article:

http://www.internetretailer.com/dailyNews.asp?id=12755